Echoes of Memories


In the quiet nights, memories gently come, 
I think of you and feel a little bit numb. 
And, now and then, the memories rise, 
Of when we shared laughter under the skies. 

The song plays softly, each note brings, 
Your touch, your smile, and so many things. 
Warmth and comfort, now so far, 
Like distant lights, a fading star. 

Confused emotions, tangled and torn, 
The ache of your absence, still freshly worn. 
Yearning for what's gone, yet not wanting to go back, 
I'm slowly getting caught in this nostalgia's bittersweet attack. 

I cherish the memories we once shared, 
But deep inside I know, that we're no longer paired. 
And, yes maybe sometimes, letting go is how love can be, 
Holding onto memories, and setting them free. 

So, I'll keep our times close, both happy and sad, 
As they're a part of my story, the memories I once had. 
But, here I bid goodbye to the love once strong, 
Now just a memory where the heart once belonged. 

:)
Previous Post Next Post