A Quest for Clarity: Who Am I Beyond the Surface?

Who Am I Beyond the Surface? Poem
There is a feeling deep within, I cannot quite define,
A sense of being lost, in this body of mine.
Who am I, this person that I claim to be?
A question that haunts me, like a phantom in a tree.

The world outside may know my name and face,

But the one I see in the mirror is, a different place.

A stranger stares back with unfamiliar eyes,

An emptiness inside, that I cannot quite disguise.


I search for the answers, in the depths of my soul,

But the more I look, the more I feel the hole.

I try to fit in, to be just like the rest,

But, something inside me always feels suppressed.


I’m a puzzle, with missing pieces scattered,

I try to fit them, but they’re all shattered.

So I remain incomplete, a puzzle in despair,

Hoping and praying, that one day I'll repair.


For there is a feeling deep within,

A sense of purpose, a fire that burns in.

For there is beauty, in this feeling undefined,

A journey of self-discovery, that I'll always keep in mind.

Previous Post Next Post