"Why Pursuing Love and Relationships May Not Be the Right Choice for Everyone: A Personal Reflection"

A personal relfection

If you’re a person like me, you may have come to the tough realization that love and relationships are just not your cup of tea.

If you feel like you’re not suitable to love someone in a relationship, then you’re not alone. Many people struggle to sustain a deep, meaningful connection with someone else for a long period of time.

Over the years, the relationships that I have experienced didn't last for very long because I somewhere at a point felt like I just wasn't compatible with the other person, and I somewhere felt like the whole thing was going too fast.

And, yes, I'd eventually find myself single again. It was a disheartening pattern to get stuck in. 

At first, I thought that the problem was me, that I simply didn’t know how to love somebody.

After exploring the issue, I’ve realized that it isn’t so much that I don’t know how to love, it’s more that I am simply not cut out for a long-term relationship. 

I've reached the point where I am no longer willing to give up my own needs and preferences in order to make my partner happy. 

I know that the thought of being all alone for the rest of my life can be quite scary where I’ll be missing the companionship and having someone to share my life with. 

Although, in the long run, it will be more beneficial for me to stay single, rather than just putting myself in a relationship that will not last. 

And no, it doesn't make me any less of a person that I don't want to be in a long-term, committed relationship. 

It doesn't make me unkind or lacking in empathy; it just means that I prioritize my own mental well-being above anything else. 

Although I sometimes struggle with loneliness, I am now in a much better and healthier state of mind. 

I've learned to be happy and satisfied with my independence. I realized that worrying about a romantic partner was an unnecessary stress that I didn't need in my life. 

I love the ones I have in my life—friends, and family—and I'm learning to love myself despite my inability to love someone else.

I'm not trying to force my opinions on anyone else, and I would never criticize someone else for wanting to be in a committed, and loving relationship. 

I know that everyone is different, and I accept that. 

At the end of the day, it is up to each person to find out what suits them best.

As for me, I have come to the conclusion that love and relationships are not compatible with my values and way of life. 

I am completely happy with this, and to anyone else who might still be looking for their own answers, I strongly recommend staying true and honest with yourself and embracing any truths you may learn at the end.

Previous Post Next Post