On the Search for Happiness

Alone Under The Stars

Every nook and corner in search of you I go,
There's something I desperately wanted to have though,
I then got lost while looking for you,
I tried and tried but didn't find you,
Oh happiness, where are you?


I search for you in the breeze of spring,

In the songs that birds do always sing,

In the blooming flowers of May,

But you still seem so far away.


I look for you in the laughter of a child,

In the warmth of love that is soft and mild,

In the peace of a starry night,

And, yet you still remain out of sight.


The emptiness inside me lingers in dismay,

Not knowing which turn should I take today,

I tried again and again, but failed, 

Got lost in the sea of all these trails.


Oh happiness, please come to me,

Like waves that dance in the sea.

Fill my heart with joy deep within,

And let me feel your presence therein.


Oh happiness, where are you hiding, my friend?

I'll keep searching for you, until the very end.

Come to me and fill me with warmth and light,

And all this pain shall take the flight.

Previous Post Next Post